Technology has spread far and wide. Communities are replacing paper with modern information storage and communication systems. Learning computer skills is becoming an integral part of the society, however there is a shortage of people who can impart these skills to children and more so the adult members of the communities. As a volunteer you can play part in transforming societies from the traditional paper systems to new digital era. You will teach children and adults how to use computers, bringing them up to speed on how they can use digital tools to make a difference in their lives. You will teach basic computer skills to the old and young, equipping them with knowledge which will enhance their lives. For those who may have little knowledge on computers you will help them to advance their skills. The computers as well as internet connections will be provided throughout the learning process. You will not only impart knowledge but will also teach them practical skills when it comes to the use of computers and other digital tools. Volunteers teach them how to operate a computer, writing skills, office management skills, writing emails, spreadsheets, presentations and some other essential knowledge of computer. Learning different computer skills is exciting for those individuals who has the basic knowledge of computer. This will make the people confident about themselves. Computer skills are vital for young people who want to seek employment or higher education. Indonesia is a forward-thinking nation, but many children still struggle to gain access to technology. Our computer skills programs enable volunteers to pass on some of their knowledge and ensure students get the best possible start in life.
Bohorok, Kabupaten Langkat Sumatra Utara
Selama 12 Hari
The Heritage Resort
All accommodations are included the program fees. While allowing for personal space, The Heritage Resort & Restaurant as our base camp comprises a large communal and recreational area for volunteers to prepare lesson plans, watch movies and relax.
You will have your room for yourself (no-sharing basis) with bathroom attached, air-conditioning, water heater, queen size bed, tv plasma, wardrobe and work desk in your room.
Three meals per day are provided at The Heritage Resort & Restaurant; breakfast, lunch and dinner and lounge facilities may be used for making snacks and tea/coffee.
Whilst using North Sumatran flavors in the cooking, The Heritage Restaurant will not make dishes too spicy. Additional chilies are available for those who do like it hot! Volunteers should notify us upon booking if they have any special dietary requirements.
Specific dishes and ingredients can be discussed with the manager and chef upon arrival.
Dining outside of our arrangements is not included in the package, but volunteers are able to visit local restaurants at their own choice and the meal charges are relatively cheap.
Paket Tidak Termasuk
Flights are not included in a program fee and should be arranged to arrive at Kualanamu International Airport.
Depending on the arrival time, you will be picked up by our staff representative and escorted to The Heritage Resort & Restaurant.
Return flights should be booked for the Sunday end date of your program any time after 2:00 am (early morning).
Further clarification shall be available upon booking. Once your flights have been booked, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the following information:
- Medan arrival date
- Medan arrival time
- Flight number
- Travel insurance policy number
• Read all guideline Information and have it with you for easy reference.
• Ensure your visa and passport are in order and that you have received the necessary immunisations.
• Change some money (about $100) to Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) and inform your bank that you will be travelling to Indonesia to enable ATM cash withdrawals. On Arrival Depending on your flight arrival time, you will be met at the arrivals lounge of Kualanamu International Airport, by our staff representative displaying a YOUTH IGF INDONESIA placard. We will be keeping track of your estimated time of arrival so don’t worry if your flight is early or delayed; we will still be there to meet you when you arrive! As extra reassurance here is the number to call in case of an emergency – +62821 6118 5455.
• Once collection has been made you will be taken to The Heritage Resort & Restaurant (around 3 hours from the airport by Car).
• Further clarification of arrival details is available upon booking.